natasha's greek wraps
ok, i can't find a recipe that matches so i'm going to just wing it and tell you how i make these greek inspired wraps! they're a hit in my home and i hope you try them and like them!
makes 4-5 servings
1. you need: steak strips that you buy packaged in the meat section [you also can use chicken strips or tofu also!], extra virgin olive oil [EVOO], McCormick's greek seasoning, salt and wheat flat bread.
2. put them in a deep frying pan and drizzle EVOO over it, shake some McCormick's greek seasoning [enough to cover 1 layer], 1 teaspoon of salt, and add enough water to sort of slow cook it for an hour. i put mine on medium heat until it starts to brown and then cover and simmer. 20 minutes before the hour is up i turn the heat down to a medium low.
3. if you need to add more salt or drizzle a little more EVOO over it, do that. periodically check it. it's done when the strips are tender, juicy and falling to pieces easily.
4. i then heat up in the oven the whole wheat flat bread just until it's warm
5. top the flat bread with the strips of steak/chicken/tofu [feel free to add green peppers to it either during the cooking process or after. we top ours with shredded Parmesan cheese, raw organic spinach, and a drizzle of either creamy ceasar dressing or cucumber gyro sauce. you could also top with tomatoes or cucumbers...pretty much whatever floats your fancy haha!